LFA to Enforce CLS, No Financial Distribution to Clubs

first_imgThe Liberia Football Association will enforce CAF’s Club Licensing System in the 2015/16 soccer league, stakeholders who attended last Saturday’s Interactive Forum at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium were told.LFA President Musa Bility, responding to enquiries from participants, said it is not the duty of the association to provide money to support member clubs.“We are the regulators of football,” Bility said, “and our role is to ensure that we regulate and provide standard that will improve on the overall development of the game.”President Bility’s clarification stemmed from inquiries by several clubs, including LISCR FC and Nimba United FC for the need to get some financial support in the wake of the Ebola virus disease that affected the clubs.Bility said funds received from FIFA are exclusively for development purposes and not for clubs.He noted that the LFA made it clear to teams at the last Buchanan Congress that FIFA would provide U$750,000 financial assistance to the association.“The money is a special bonus from FIFA and the LFA is using this money to construct our national headquarters,” he told the gathering.So far, he said, “We have received $250k of this amount and purchased two pieces of land in Congo Town. We will use the remaining $500k to commence the construction of a $738k LFA HQ beginning February and we also received $100k from CAF towards this project.” Regarding the Financial Assistance Program, (FAP), from FIFA, he said it is the only revenue available to the LFA for the smooth running of the day to day operations of the Liberia Football Association.“We have no intention to distribute this money to clubs. In fact this money comes to LFA quarterly and we are yet to receive the first batch,” he said.He noted that concerning Cellcom GSM sponsorship money 45% goes towards prizes for clubs at the end of the season and the other 55% is used partially to finance the league hoping that the clubs registration and penalties will fill in the gap. The LFA, Bility said, “has no extra money to give to clubs. What we have done in the last four years is to put the LFA under great financial stress in order to assist the clubs.”He, however, pointed out that almost all the first division clubs still have enough credit with the LFA to register for the upcoming league. Bility reminded all club presidents that under the new clubs licensing regime the LFA too has obligations it must meet to carry out to a certain standard. “We will not abdicate our responsibilities to support clubs. It is expected that everyone desiring to own a club must have the finances to do so or disregard the quest.”Without pulling punches, Bility declared, “The ownership of clubs is a commercial venture that yields direct benefits to the clubs NOT LFA. We are the regulators of clubs not administrators.”He said the LFA will make all clubs in the 2015/16 seasons live up to at least twenty five percent requirement demanded in the Club Licensing System.The Club Licensing System demands every team to have, among other things, a youth team, a specified amount in its bank account, an office, and contract agreement with both players and technical staff.Bility said to get a good soccer league, players, coaches; medics and referees must receive necessary support, pointing out that the LFA is prepared to have a minimum number of clubs to ensure that a standard is set for the league this year.The forum had a team of panelist who provided overviews and answered questions in their respective areas. The areas included issues on coaches, referees, medics, and club management.The forum was organized by the technical department of the LFA, and its director Henry Browne earlier explained the importance of those involved in football meeting to exchange ideas to get some clarifications before the league proper.Coach Gabriel Johns discussed issues affecting coaches, relations with referees and clubs’ presidents. It was noted that because the roles of club officials are not defined, there are always overlapping their functions to tell coaches what to do during the process of a game.Bility pointed out that such development comes because of the coaches’ fear of failure, and assured all those involved in the game that the LFA demands clubs to sign contracts with coaches and their players to minimize some of the inherent overlapping of functions.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Ibrahimovic happy to see Modric end Duopoly

first_imgZlatan Ibrahimovic revealed he was delighted that Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric broke the duopoly held by Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.The former Swedish international equally he was slightly surprised the Croatian received multiple individual honours in 2018.Modric was pivotal in Los Blancos third consecutive Champions League and also inspired Croatia’s run to the World Cup final.Those displays earned the former Spur’s man the Golden Ball at Russia 2018 and then the coveted Ballon d’Or that has been dominated by Messi and Ronaldo in the last decade.And former United striker Ibrahimovic, who came fourth in the 2013 Ballon d’Or back then with PSG was happy to see a different name in a different position win the award.“I think [Modric] is one of the most complete midfielders in the world,” Ibrahimovic revealed in a quote cited on FourFourTwo.“He has fantastic pace, he has a vision for the game that is amazing. The ball handling is amazing.Gerard Pique, Neymar, BarcelonaLa Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…’Now we know it was Perez who was competing with Messi’Zlatan Ibrahimovic jokes Real Madrid chief was crucial to Ballon d’Or success of Cristiano Ronaldo and Luka Modrichttps://t.co/UCN6M4L2eK pic.twitter.com/Gs11wpjgwh— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) December 8, 2018“I played against him at an early age, when he was a young player. Now he is an experienced player and I’m happy that he won the Ballon d’Or, the FIFA best player at the World Cup, all these things, because it’s not often that a player like that gets that credit.“Normally it’s a striker or somebody that has been ‘wow’. But this year, let’s say last year, was his year. I’m happy that he won.“Me and my mother being from Croatia, he’s Croatian, so I’m happy. It’s part of the blood.”last_img read more

New immigration measures forthcoming White House

first_imgUS President Donald Trump was expected to unveil new measures on immigration as early as Monday in the name of keeping Americans safe, with a top aide insisting he did not overstep his authority with his controversial travel ban.With the ban now frozen by a federal appeals court pending further legal review, Trump is “considering and pursuing all options,” presidential aide Stephen Miller told “Fox News Sunday.”The White House could either file an emergency appeal to the Supreme Court, defend the merits of the order in lower courts or issue a new executive order. The last option was floated by Trump himself on Friday.”We are contemplating new and additional actions to ensure that immigration is not a vehicle for admitting people into our country that are hostile to its nation and its values,” Miller said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.””There’s no such thing as judicial supremacy. What the judges did is take power away that belongs squarely in the hands of the president of the United States.”The issue is sure to come up when Trump meets Monday with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who said after the Republican leader issued his ban that America’s northern neighbor welcomes with open arms “those fleeing persecution, terror and war.”While the fate of Trump’s restrictions on refugees and travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries plays out in the courts, a separate executive order prioritizing the deportation of undocumented migrants paved the way for the arrest of hundreds of people, many of them Latinos, this past week.As thousands of Mexicans protested Sunday against Trump’s vow to make the country pay for his “big, beautiful border wall,” the White House confirmed the president’s plans to weigh new action to speed up deportations of illegal immigrants.”As a result of the president’s order, greatly expanded and more vigorous immigration enforcement activities are taking place,” Miller said of the deportation decree.Earlier, Trump tweeted: “The crackdown on illegal criminals is merely the keeping of my campaign promise. Gang members, drug dealers & others are being removed!”Over the past week, the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency rounded up undocumented individuals living in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and other cities in what it called “routine” operations.- Robust -But Miller indicated Sunday that the raids were made more robust under Trump’s January 25 executive order prioritizing deportation of undocumented individuals convicted of or “charged with any criminal offense,” including misdemeanors.”It is true that Operation Cross Check is something that happens every year. But this year we have taken new and greater steps to remove criminal aliens from our communities,” Miller said.The large-scale raids began in 2011 under then president Barack Obama.Many Democrats have called on the government to act in moderation, fearful that people without a criminal record will find themselves swept up.The case of a mother in Phoenix, Arizona who was expelled to Mexico on Thursday crystallized such worries, even among some Republicans.”There is a lot of worry here in Arizona by those who… are illegally here but they have not committed aggravated felonies,” said Arizona Republican Senator Jeff Flake, adding that the only hope for permanent change lies in major Congressional reform.- New actions -Miller insisted in interviews Sunday that the president has the power to keep some people from entering the country.The order that Trump issued abruptly in late January aimed to halt resettlement of all refugees for 120 days and that of Syrian refugees indefinitely.It also barred for 90 days the entry of nationals from seven predominantly Muslim countries.The ban was supposed to be in place while the government comes up with a new system of so-called “extreme vetting” of people seeking entry visas.This could include checks on their social media accounts, according to John Kelly, the secretary of homeland security.But a federal judge in Seattle issued a stay against the order on February 3. A three-judge appeals panel in San Francisco then voted unanimously against reinstating Trump’s ban.The idea of the White House issuing a modified immigration order that would survive scrutiny in the courts does not convince Democrats, who from the outset have charged that Trump’s decree is simply anti-Muslim and plays into the hands of extremists.”It will be used as a recruitment (tool) for terrorist organizations. It will put Americans at greater risk traveling abroad,” said Democratic Senator Ben Cardin.last_img read more

Putin bigger threat than IS McCain

first_imgRussian President Vladimir Putin is a bigger threat to world security than the so-called Islamic State group, according to veteran US Senator John McCain who also admits Donald Trump makes him “nervous”.Republican McCain — one of US President Trump’s most outspoken critics in his own party — said Russia’s alleged meddling in elections was a danger to democracy.”I think he (Putin) is the premier and most important threat, more so than ISIS,” McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation late Monday.”I think ISIS can do terrible things … but it is the Russians who are trying, who tried to destroy the very fundamental of democracy and that is to change the outcome of an American election.”I have seen no evidence they succeeded but they tried and they are still trying. They just tried to affect the outcome of the French election.”So I view Vladimir Putin, who has dismembered the Ukraine, a sovereign nation, who is putting pressure on the Baltics, I view the Russians as the far greatest challenge that we have.”McCain’s comments come with the Trump team embroiled in controversy over its relationship with Moscow, which US intelligence agencies say tried to sway last November’s election in the property tycoon’s favour.A broad investigation into Russia’s apparent meddling is being led by Robert Mueller, a respected former FBI director who was given wide powers to pursue the case as a special counsel.The US Senate and House Intelligence committees are also leading their own probes.Over the weekend the furore pierced the innermost circle of the White House with reports that Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner sought a secret communications link to Russia — an allegation the president called “fabricated.”Asked about the Kushner revelation, McCain, in Australia on a visit, said: “My view of it is I don’t like it.”I know that some administration officials are saying ‘well that’s standard procedure’.”I don’t think that it’s standard procedure prior to the inauguration of a president of the United States by someone who is not in an appointed position.”When put to him by the ABC that some people feel nervous about international security with Trump as president, McCain said he understood why.”I am nervous from time to time,” he said. “I do believe that the president has great confidence in the national security team. I do believe most of the time that he accepts their advice and counsel.”Can I tell you that he does (that) all the time? No. Does it bother me? Yes, it bothers me.”last_img read more

Tonight AFROs First Edition with Sean Yoes Friday January 13

first_imgListen at WEAA Live Stream: http://amber.streamguys.com.4020/live.m3uA review of some of the top news stories of the week directly from the pages of the AFRO, with managing editor Kamau High. Plus, we’ll speak with former Baltimore City Councilman Nick Mosby about him being selected to represent the 40th District of Baltimore City in the House of Delegates.These stories and much more on AFRO’s First Edition with Sean Yoes, Monday through Friday, 5-7 p.m.last_img

Boomerang Tours launches 20182019 Downunder brochure with AATKings

first_imgBoomerang Tours launches 2018/2019 Downunder brochure with AATKings Travelweek Group Monday, August 28, 2017 Tags: Boomerang Tours TORONTO — Boomerang Tours, in partnership with AATKings, has launched its new 2018/2019 brochure featuring trips to Australia and New Zealand.“This brochure marks a milestone in our partnership with AATKings,” says Margaret Meers, Product Manager for Boomerang Tours, part of the TravelBrands group. “It features over 80 itineraries across multiple trip styles and provides travel agents with one-stop shopping for exciting, escorted Downunder itineraries.”Inside its pages, clients will find a wide range of Inspiring Journeys, Guided Holidays, Short Breaks and Day Tours. Referred to by the company as “one of the most comprehensive brochures in the marketplace,” is provides travel partners with the necessary tools to sell an extensive product line and grow their lucrative international Australian and New Zealand bookings.“Our dedicated and highly experienced Australia vacation planners will guide travel agents and their clients towards the most comprehensive travel arrangements to fulfill their needs. Whether it is an overnight in LAX, a stopover in one of the idyllic South Pacific islands or a unique and customized pre- or post-tour experience, we have it all and so much more,” adds Meers.More news:  ‘Turn around year’ for TPI brings double-digit growthThe new brochure can be ordered through Envoy or by emailing brochureordering@travelbrands.com.center_img << Previous PostNext Post >> Posted by Sharelast_img read more