‘Little cracker’ campaign attracts strong bidding on auction day

first_img14 Willow Street, Inala. A young family with plans to stay in the Inala area long-term have snapped up a post-war home for $375,000 at auction.The March 18 auction of 14 Willow St was attended by a crowd of more than 30 people, with six registered bidders involved. 14 Willow Street, Inala.Ray White selling agent Nathan Orley advertised the home as a “little cracker” and said the family had plans to renovate and expand and make the three-bedroom, one-bathroom property their “dream home”.“The house was situated on a 916sq m block which was perfect for the young kids, who were also excited about the pool,” Mr Orley said.He said the bidding started at $310,000.More from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 2019 Get the latest real estate news direct to your inbox here for FREE. center_img GREAT PRICE: Queensland’s best four-bedroom homes under $300,000 Mr Orley said joint selling agent Jon Townend has had no problem selling the past four auction campaigns, either before auction or on auction day, in the past six months. “The marketplace has been strong in the area,” Mr Orley said. He said it was the first time the property had been offered to the market in more than 20 years.The home, which is opposite a large park, featured a modern kitchen, new bathroom, and a fresh coat of paint.last_img read more

Hurricanes find rare win in close contest with Red Force

first_imgTHE Leeward Islands Hurricanes would have done a lot to boost their confidence after a rare victory over the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in the Regional four-day tournamnet at the Queen’s Park Oval on Saturday.The Hurricanes got home by the skin of their teeth, claiming a one-wicket victory, probably the closest this season.The game had been close throughout, with the Hurricanes restricting the Red Force to 222 in their first innings thanks to Sheno Berridge’s 4-72, and Jeremiah Louis’, 4-45.Mervin Matthew chipped in with 1-26 and Jason Campbell ended the innings with 1-23.The Hurricanes’ response was underwhelming, as skipper Kieran Powell, could only manage 15 at the top of the order, and Montcin Hodge, who has been in good form of late, only managed 11.It was the lower-order who showed some fight, taking the total to 163, with Akeem Saunders’ 49, the highlight.The difference-maker in that Hurricanes first innings was the bowling of Imran Khan, whose 5-25 was devastating.Khary Pierre chipped in with 2-26, while Tion Webster, 1-44, Daniel St Clair, 1-27, and Anderson Phillip, 1-38, also made inroads.Though the Red Force now had a 59-run lead, they were by no means comfortable.The situation got even tighter when Berridge, 4-40, led an attack that reduced the Red Force to just 162.Berridge received great support from the bowling of Matthew, who ended with 2-27, Louis, 2-49, and newcomer, Chaim Holder, who bagged 2-19.A lead of 221, took the game to where it had started, the Hurricanes staring at a small lead but unsure of what to do with it.Coach Winston Benjamin had said the team was suffering from a crisis of confidence, and their approach to the small total suggests he was right.RED FORCE 1st Innings 222Hurricanes 1st Innings 163Red Force 2nd Innings(overnight 143 for eight)A Jangoo c Matthew b Berridge 38J Solozano lbw b Holder 10Y Cariah c wkp Hamilton b Holder 7E Nicholson c Saunders b Mathew 5*D Ramdin c Mathew b Berridge 28T Webster c wkp Hamilton b Louis 10+S Katwaroo b Louis 14Imran Khan lbw b Berridge 1K Pierre lbw b Mathew 10D St Clair not out 12A Phillip lbw b Berridge 9Extras (lb12, w1, nb4) 17TOTAL (all out, 58.4 overs) 162Fall of wickets: 1-52, 2-55, 3-66, 4-67, 5-86, 6-116, 7-119, 8-131, 9-147, 10-162.Bowling: Mathew 14-4-27-2, Louis 16-4-49-2, Berridge 14.2-4-40-4, Holder 11-1-19-2, Campbell 3-0-15-0.HURRICANES 2nd Innings (target: 222 runs)M Hodge c Webster b Phillip 5*K Powell c Webster b Imran Khan 41K Carty c Pierre b Phillip 2D Thomas lbw b Pierre 65A Saunders c St Clair b Imran Khan 38+J Hamilton c wkp Katwaroo b Imran Khan 13J Louis b Imran Khan 13M Mathew b St Clair 3C Holder lbw b Imran Khan 7J Campbell not out 30S Berridge not out 0Extras (b3, lb4, nb2) 9TOTAL (9 wkts, 70.3 overs) 226Fall of wickets: 1-12, 2-14, 3-107, 4-123, 5-150, 6-182, 7-187, 8-193, 9-205.Bowling: Phillip 7-2-23-2, St Clair 12-2-29-1, Pierre 23-2-64-1, Webster 3-0-16-0, Imran Khan 25.3-4-87-5.last_img read more

Tunisian referee banned after controversial CAN 2013 semi-final performance

first_imgTunisian referee Slim Jdidi has been banned by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) after his controversial performance in Wednesday’s African Nations Cup semi-final between Burkina Faso and Ghana.“CAF was not happy with the standard of refereeing in the match,” general secretary Hicham El Amrani told a media briefing on Thursday.“We know they can make mistakes but we expected a better level of refereeing. They are graded on each performance and based on his marks the referee from Tunisia is now suspended for a period of time still to be determined.”Among the contentious issues during Wednesday’s match in Nelspruit was the red card given to Burkina Faso forward Jonathan Pitroipa that could mean he will miss Sunday’s final against Nigeria.Pitroipa received his second booking of the game, for simulation, in extra time after going down in the penalty area.The organising committee will decide on Friday whether the player can take part in the final. Burkina Faso have launched an appeal but El Amrani said the only way Pitroipa could avoid an automatic one-match ban will be if Jdidi acknowledges he made a mistake in his referee’s report.“The organising committee does not have the power to change a referee’s decision,” El Amrani explained.“If the referee has admitted a mistake in his report the committee will consider it and make any decision if necessary. But that report … is final.”Jdidi also awarded a soft spot kick to Ghana in a display which threatened to overshadow an exciting encounter that Burkina Faso eventually won 3-2 on penalties.last_img read more

EA scores 10 year Star Wars games deal no movie ties in

first_imgFor better or worse, it looks like the foreseeable future of Star Wars video games are in the hands of EA Games.There’s been no shortage of speculation about the future of Star Wars now that Disney owns the rights to the franchise. While we’ve gotten some details about the JJ Abrams infused movie that is on its way, there’s not been quite as much information about the gaming side of things.Star Wars games have come in so many different shapes and sizes over the past few years that it would be nice to know at least a little about the direction things will head now. EA’s chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen has broken the silence to offer a little insight into what is planned for the future of the franchise, and it sounds like it could be pretty good.The deal that EA struck for the rights to Star Wars games will last for the next ten years, during which there’s no real limit to what the company can do with the franchise. Jorgensen commented on the movies in particular, making it clear that while EA has done games from movies in the past that wasn’t the direction they wanted to take Star Wars. In fact, he seemed optimistic that there would be some great new ideas from the massive history and culture that has formed around this classic series. They could wind up staging game releases to happen alongside of movie releases to take advantage of the Disney marketing machine, but for now it looks like that is as far as that relationship will go in terms of content.EA’s massive resources offer the potential for some really interesting games in the future, but only time will tell if they actually use those powers for good and deliver something cool. Fair warning though guys, if we see zombie Stormtroopers being taken out by Ewoks riding weaponized plants there’s going to be problems.last_img read more