The Acting Management of the National Commission on Higher Education (NCHE) has begun establishing and maintaining internal controls in compliance to the Public Procurement Concession Commission (PPCC), as well as Public Finance Management (PFM) laws and other relevant acts and regulations.Prof. David S. Dahn, Acting Director General of the NCHE, said the acquiescence intends to enable the NCHE undertake its contract awards, goods delivery, project execution, evaluation and reporting in an effective and efficient manner, as well as the preparation of documentation on procurement/projects that are free from material misstatements.In an interview with journalists on Friday, April 19, Prof. Dahn said Mr. Johnson Choloprey and team have written the policy on finance, while Mr. Emmanuel Slewion and team did the “Policy on Personnel.”“We have written the General Services Agency to help code the assets of the NCHE and communicated to the Internal Audit Agency (IAA) to set-up internal auditing,” Prof. Dahn said.The radical reforms of the NCHE followed the accusation of the General Audit Commission (GAC), stating that the NCHE didn’t establish anti-fraud internal controls to track performance of financial and administrative malpractices, which has led to deceit of over US$55k and LD$2m.According to the GAC’s report, the NCHE Management failed to maintain Fixed Assets Register/listing, to provide detailed information, including cost of asset, date of purchase and coding.“Due to the absence of fixed assets Register/listing that meets the requirement of the Public Financial Management Act, we were unable to obtain reasonable assurances as to the accuracy and completeness of the assets owned by NCHE,” the report said.The report indicated that for the period from July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013, those who were questioned for the administrative and financial affairs of the Commission include Dr. Michael P. Slawon, Director General (August 2006 to January 2018) and Dr. Kadiker Rex Dahn, Deputy Director General (Oct 2013 to January 2018).Deputy Director for Administration Prof. Dahn (July 2008 to present), who is serving as Acting Director General, was questioned over administrative compliance, while Mrs. Esther M. Tolbert, Finance Officer ( May 2004 to present), was examined strictly on financial compliance.The GAC’s report was investigated by the Joint Committee on Public Account and Expenditure of the House of Representatives and the Liberian Senate on Monday, April 16, wherein alleged indictees were in attendance.According to the GAC’s report, a copy of which is with the Daily Observer, the GAC has said it has observed during the conduct of the audit that the NCHE raised vouchers amounting to US$55,725.00 and L$2,265,045.00 respectively, without the use of Pre-numbered sequential Voucher system.During Friday’s press conference, Prof. Dahn admitted to being held liable for “administrative compliance,” arguing that he was not given the chance by former Director General Dr. Michael Slawon.He stressed that as Acting Director General since last month, he has begun establishing and maintaining internal financial and administrative controls.Prof. Dahn earned a master’s degree in Education and Regional Science. He currently teaches at the University of Liberia (UL) graduate school. Previously, he taught mathematics at the undergraduate school of the UL.Meanwhile, Prof. Dahn has appealed to the legislature for an increment in the 2018/2019 Budget.The NCHE was established by an Act of the National Legislature on March 29, 1989, to collect comprehensive data on Higher Education Institutions, establish data-banks on all tertiary institutions and to create a website for NCHE.The Act also charges the management to formulate broad-based policy guidelines for the establishment of institutions of higher education in Liberia, to serve as a principal liaison between institutions of learning from post-secondary level, to monitor, evaluate and accredit all institutions of higher education, as well as to improve new and existing programs of higher education for funding.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
An Irish priest is warning the public of an email scam doing the rounds in his name in what gardai described as one of the most “sinister” scams they have seen.People have been receiving emails which appear to be from Fr Roy Donovan requesting money to be sent to Africa to “help with sick children”.The scammers are requesting a bank transfer of hundreds of euro. Fr Donovan, from Limerick, said that vulnerable people were being targeted for the second time with the first time it occurred being in the New Year.“I think they were looking for well over €700 to be sent to a bank account,” Fr Donovan said.“I became aware of it straight away because I couldn’t get into my account. Then somebody rang me saying they got an email saying I was in Africa,” said Fr Donovan, who has contacted Microsoft about the issue.“It is a very nasty one because they have so much that sounds right – it sounds so good. They have everything, they have all my details from my emails,” said Fr Donovan, who has since opened a new email account.” Gardai warn public as scammers use Irish priest’s email for ‘sick children’ was last modified: April 12th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:scam
https://youtu.be/5n3vAABuUSQCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the video on a mobile deviceSANTA CLARA — Here is how the 49ers (3-10) graded in Sunday’s 20-14 win over the Denver Broncos (6-7) at Levi’s Stadium:PASS OFFENSE: ASANTA CLARA, CA – DECEMBER 9: San Francisco 49ers’ George Kittle (85) celebrates his first down catch against the Denver Broncos in the first quarter at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018. (Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group)George …
Can you sum up your life in six words? This week on Twitter, you may get that chance. Six-Word Memoirs, is announcing the kickoff of its inaugural Six-Word Festival on Twitter beginning Tuesday, September 24.Six-Word Memoirs is a contest that launched in 2006, which asked people to tweet their response to a simple challenge: “Can you tell the story of your life in six words?” Over 700,000 Six-Word stories have been produced, enough to fill seven books’ worth of material.This year, the contest will have a new format, a three-day festival of Six-Word stories that will feature different prompts from notable people in comedy, music, fashion, writing, lifestyle design, and food.The best responses as determined by celebrity judges will be retweeted and announced on Six Word Memoirs.Judges will include Jason Biggs and other cast members of Netflix’s Orange is the New Black, Tim Gunn, Todd English, Jane Pratt, Michael Ian Black, Baratunde Thurston, Regina Spektor and Tim Ferris. ReadWrite is also participating, as well our sister site xoJane. xoSlate, WitStream, Reboot and To Write Love on Her Arms, will all be soliciting six-word tweets from their audiences.ReadWrite is excited to be a part of this festival, and are looking forward to seeing what your stories will be. Stay tuned to our Twitter feed at 4:30 EDT Tuesday for the start of ReadWrite’s 90-minute portion of the festival. We’ll reveal the prompt on Twitter then, so sharpen those tweet wits! Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… readwrite A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit Tags:#ReadWrite#Six Word#twitter Related Posts Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videos
North Goa police have registered an FIR onWednesday against two persons for allegedly raping their niece for over 10 years. The victim, now aged 23, has accused her uncles of repeatedly assaulting her for nearly a decade.Police Inspector in-charge of Porvorim police station Paresh Naik told presspersons that the accused are residents of Verem in North Goa.“The girl claimed that the duo attempted to sexually assault her again recently after which she complained against them. We have registered the case and are trying to trace the accused duo who are in their 40s,” Mr. Naik said.