Inner City

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Layou women receives assistance following Layou flooding

first_img Share Tweet LocalNews Layou women receives assistance following Layou flooding by: – January 20, 2012 10 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring!center_img Share Share Hon. Kelver Darroux. Government has secured funds under the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to assist women in the Layou community who have been affected by last year’s flooding in that community.Parliamentary Representative for Layou Kelver Darroux said in a statement on Friday that the women are currently benefiting from a $US20, 000.00 made available by the UNDP.“After the collapse of the Matthieu Dam in Layou last year, a meeting was held with the women in that community and staff of the ministry of finance and coming out of that, a report was submitted to the cabinet and funds to the tune of US$20,000.00 were approved to target the women in Layou. One of the areas that they will benefit is terms of the provision of 25 coolers. The women usually have their fish and titiri for sale and that will assist them in storage,’ Darroux explained.The women will also benefit in capacity and enhancement where 25 women will complete a training program in health and sanitation which will be conducted by the Environmental Health Department.“Upon completion they will be certified as food handlers. There will also be another component to that program where 25 women will be trained in the areas of training and international cooking which will be conducted by the adult education division,” he added.He said the aim is to empower women in the Layou community.Dominica Vibes Newslast_img read more

Former Tipp captain unconvinced about new club structure

first_imgA former Tipperary All Ireland winning captain remains unconvinced that the new club structure planned for next year will work.Club games are pencilled in for April and August in the Premier County in 2018.However Holycross Ballycahill coach Declan Carr says it could lead to problems for players, clubs and possibly the county team as well. Photo: Stephen Gleesonlast_img