Several GoAir passengers from Srinagar to Jammu were left fuming on November 4 as their flight reached its destination without their baggage. “We reached Jammu from Srinagar by Go Air flight G8-213 but the airline staff had not loaded our luggage,” Abdul Hamid, one of the passengers, told PTI over phone from Jammu. He said initially several dozen passengers were asked to wait for their luggage.A GoAir staffer told passengers that their luggage would be brought to Jammu by another flight of some other airlines, scheduled to arrive later during the day from Srinagar, he added. “After waiting for more than an hour, we have just been told to come and collect our luggage tomorrow,” he added.Attempts to seek a comment from Go Air over phone and e-mail failed. An e-mail to the address listed on the official website of Go Air for media queries bounced back while an executive at the customer care call centre said he was not authorised to comment on the issue.
Read Next View comments Morgan scores twice, US women beat New Zealand 5-0 LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad FILE – In this Tuesday, April 18, 2017 file photo, Kansas City Royals’ Alex Gordon advances to third base on a fly out by Lorenzo Cain during the first inning of a baseball game against the San Francisco Giants in Kansas City, Mo. Kansas City’s Alex Gordon hit Major League Baseball’s record 5,694th home run of 2017 on Tuesday night, Sept. 19, 2017 breaking a season record set in 2000 at the height of the Steroids Era. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel, File)TORONTO — Kansas City’s Alex Gordon broke Major League Baseball’s season home run record with 12 days to spare, hitting the 5,694th long ball of 2017 on Tuesday night.Gordon’s home run off Toronto’s Ryan Tepera broke a mark set in 2000 at the height of the Steroids Era. The drive, which drove in the last run in the Royals’ 5-2 loss, was his eighth this season and the 159th of his 11-year big league career.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Holding the ball he hit over the right-field wall, Gordon said he didn’t plan to keep the historic memento or anything else from the game.“I’m going to give it to Cooperstown,” Gordon said. “I figured they’d probably have much more reason to have it than I do. I don’t really want to remember too much about this season, so I’ll probably just give it away and let them take care of it.”There were 5,610 homers last year, an average of 2.31 per game, and this year’s average of 2.53 entering Tuesday’s action projects to 6,139. That would be up 47 percent from 4,186 in 2014.“I don’t know what to make of it,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. “Guys are bigger and guys are stronger. but so are the pitchers. There sure are a lot of home runs being hit.”Blue Jays manager John Gibbons has noticed the surge in homers but doesn’t have an explanation.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC “It really looks like the ball is flying,” he said.Power subsided after the start of drug testing with penalties in 2004. The home run average dropped in 2014 to its lowest level since 1992, then started rising during the second half of the 2015 season.“My biggest take on it is that players are trying to hit more home runs,” San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. “Their philosophy overall, a lot of these position players, is to get the ball in the air and also pull the ball and get the ball in the air and hit it as far as you can. So you’re increasing the launch angle, whatever you want to call this, stay away from the groundballs. And so they’re sacrificing a little bit more contact to do a little bit more damage.”When the previous record of 5,693 was set in 2000, Sammy Sosa led the major leagues with 50 home runs and Barry Bonds hit 49.Miami’s Giancarlo Stanton leads the major leagues with 55 home runs this year, followed by New York Yankees rookie Aaron Judge with 44.Yost said he doesn’t believe more players are swinging for the fences than in years past.“You’re always looking to elevate,” Yost said. “You’re not going to make a whole lot of money hitting the ball on the ground in this league because the defenders are so quick and athletic. You’ve got to get the ball in the air, I think, if you’re going to be successful.” BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president “A pretty cool thing to be a part of,” Gordon said. “I didn’t hit many this year, but I guess I made one count.”It was the 17th home run of the night in the major leagues and came just after Detroit’s Alex Presley tied the record when he connected at home against Oakland’s Daniel Gossett.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutGordon said he heard talk of the record on a clubhouse television after Toronto’s Darwin Barney homered in the sixth.“I was kind of aware that we were getting close to it,” he said. “After I walked back to the dugout. I kind of forgot about it.” Trump attends World Series baseball game in Washington DC PLAY LIST 01:04Trump attends World Series baseball game in Washington DC00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games
Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting LATEST STORIES Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments The 27-year-old Leon, who already has 18 losses, picked up his 12th win.Ridhwan, who is a three-time Southeast Asian Games bronze medalist, took just his second loss with 11 wins.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics PBA: Ginebra overcomes slow start to beat NLEX, nail playoff berth Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Rising Stars. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netMANILA, Philippines—Filipino Cris Leon scored an upset against Singaporean prospect Muhamad Ridhwan in the Rising Stars fight card Saturday night at Resorts World Manila.Leon proved to be a tough nut to crack for Ridhwan and earned a split decision victory in the featherweight six-rounder.ADVERTISEMENT Ridhwan found his groove late in the fight and even dropped Leon in the sixth round.Huffing and puffing, Leon barely survived the sixth round. He was also deducted by a point in the fifth round for pushing Ridhwan down.In the opening bout of the main card, Reymark Ibones settled for a majority decision against Henry Lumanan in a four-rounder in the flyweight division.The Rising Stars boxing event is co-promoted by Manny Pacquiao’s MP Promotions and Ringstar Asia.ADVERTISEMENT Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Ibones wins by majority decision.— MG (@MarkGiongcoINQ) March 23, 2019 Miguel Romero Polo: Bamboo technology like no other SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Google Philippines names new country director Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving
Friday night’s NCAA Tournament Second Round game in Columbus between No. 6 Providence and No. 11 Dayton started at roughly 11 p.m. E.T. The game was scheduled to tip off at about 10 p.m. E.T., but due to the previous two games – West Virginia-Buffalo and Maryland-Valparaiso -at the site running long, the tip time between the Friars and the Flyers was delayed. Cleveland.com has a lengthier explanation on the situation. Saturday afternoon, Mountaineers’ coach Bob Huggins was asked about the late tip time. He gave a pretty sarcastic response. Bob Huggins, on playing tourney games til 1 am: “It’s all about the betterment of the student athlete….It just tickles me to death.”— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) March 21, 2015The game was played on a Friday night, so it’s not like the student-athletes had classes to wake up for the following morning – and, really, what college student goes to be before midnight, anyway? – but the NCAA clearly could have done a better job scheduling.
TORONTO – The Canada Pension Plan Investment Board is investing $320 million in a partnership with more than a dozen modern logistics properties in Hong Kong.The Goodman Hong Kong Logistics Partnership, created in 2006, has assets worth about C$4.7 billion including a 50 per cent interest in Goodman Interlink — which is co-owned by CPPIB.Jimmy Phua, CPPIB’s head of real estate investments in Asia, said in a statement Thursday the pension fund manager wants to increase its exposure to the growing logistics sector.He added that e-commerce will drive growth in the logistics sector “and Hong Kong is in a prime geographic position to benefit as more players enter the market.”CPPIB invests funds for the Canada Pension Plan. As of Sept. 30, the CPP Fund had $328.2 billion under management.
OSU junior H-back Curtis Samuel (4) scores the game-winning touchdown in the second overtime of the Buckeyes’ 30-27 win over Michigan on Nov. 26. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo EditorThe No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes took down the No. 3 Michigan Wolverines on Saturday in an unprecedented finish that is often only present in dreams.Junior H-back Curtis Samuel took a handoff and ran to the left sideline where redshirt freshman running back Mike Weber and redshirt senior center Pat Elflein paved the way for the game-winning touchdown in OSU’s 30-27 double-overtime victory. In Weber’s first game in the rivalry and Elflein’s fifth, the two created one of the most memorable plays in the history of the rivalry.“It’s ‘29 lead’ is the call, and Curtis scored,” OSU coach Urban Meyer said.After that moment, Meyer coiled over and was on the ground. He was helped up by members of the staff and, well, he really doesn’t know who.“I don’t know,” he said. “Curtis scored going to the left.”When asked what happened immediately after the game, it was like Meyer was stuck in a loop where he could only remember the play that saved his season.“Yeah, Curtis scored,” he said.For years to come, Meyer won’t be the only one to remember that play. All 110,045 people in attendance — an Ohio Stadium record — will remember that play, either in reminiscing or in self-pity. Samuel became a player cemented in college football history as well as the ongoing tradition of the Scarlet and Gray against the Maize and Blue on the last week in November.But it almost didn’t happen.OSU salvaged a disastrous offensive day by riding its two biggest playmakers in overtime. OSU began the first overtime with the ball and it took just an 18-yard gain from Samuel on the first play and a 7-yard gain from redshirt junior quarterback J.T. Barrett on the next to put OSU in front for the first time since the second quarter.When OSU got the ball in the second overtime, the Buckeyes were trailing by a field goal. Again, only Barrett and Samuel would touch the ball.Barrett was sacked for 4 yards on 2nd-and-5 from the Michigan 20, OSU had a critical 3rd-and-9 in front of them. OSU kicker Tyler Durbin had missed two field goals already in the game, so confidence certainly wasn’t at an all-time high for the kicking game.Barrett threw a swing pass to Samuel, who was trapped in the backfield and was going to be tackled for a loss. A couple dozen moves later, Samuel zigged and zagged from the right side of the field to the left for an 8-yard gain to set up a 4th-and-1 from the Michigan 16.“I couldn’t even tell you how it happened,” Samuel said. “I got to go back and look at that one. I knew I had to make a play for my team and that just happened.”Samuel put the Buckeyes well inside the range of Durbin, but Meyer had confidence in his offense even when down by three with the game on the line. Now, Meyer is known for his gutsy play calling, but the decision to go for it on 4th-and-1 when all OSU needed was a field goal was worthy of a concussion protocol to make sure Meyer was mentally in check to make the call. For him, it came down to an old adage.“If you can’t get that far, you’re not a championship team,” Meyer said.Barrett barely reached the line to gain and the call stood after a replay review that Meyer said made his heart stop. Without Samuel running rampant across the field, the chance for a win would’ve never happened. On the next play, Samuel finished his improbable overtime with the game-winning score and Columbus was sent into a frenzy.Dubbed as the team’s No. 1 playmaker from the beginning of the season, Samuel didn’t put up astronomical stats, but showed up when the game mattered.“In crunch time and you need someone to make a play and your number is called and you make it, that’s a playmaker,” Elflein said. “It doesn’t matter if it’s throwing, blocking or running the ball, when it’s crunch time and you need someone to step up, that’s a playmaker.”As soon as Samuel broke the goal line, Elflein and redshirt junior guard Billy Price were the first to hug him and were soon joined by the team.“First off I got to say, I want to thank God. I gotta thank God,” Samuel said. “My team, we fought. It was a hard game … Without them, that wouldn’t have happened.”Well, it did happen, and neither Samuel nor anyone else will soon forget the first overtime game in the history of the rivalry.
AS Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim already has one eye on securing a Europa League spot following their 3-0 loss to Borussia DortmundLast season’s Ligue 1 runners-up have now gone nine games without a win and sit bottom of Group A in the Champions League with no points.Next up in Europe for Monaco is a double-header with fellow Group A strugglers Club Brugge, who also have no points, and Jardim feels it’s imperative that Monaco does well in order to maintain their hopes of finishing third.“We’re going to play Club Brugge in our next two Champions League games,” said Jardim in a post-match conference.“We need six points against them. The two matches are very important for us to, at the least, qualify for the Europa League.”Second-half goals from Jacob Bruun Larsen, Paco Alcacer and Marco Reus gave Dortmund a 3-0 win over Monaco.“We played well in the first half,” added Jardim.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“We were dangerous and moved the ball well. Despite conceding the first goal, we kept trying to play but didn’t succeed in scoring.”Monaco are 18th in Ligue 1 with just six points from their opening eight games, which has left star striker Radamel Falcao frustrated.90′ +3′ C’est terminé : l’AS Monaco s’incline face au @BVB.3⃣-0⃣ #BVBASM pic.twitter.com/u1e3uKSX7t— AS Monaco 🇲🇨 (@AS_Monaco) October 3, 2018
The Chelsea midfielder had the chance to go to Manchester City in the summer, but his mother helped him decideBrazilian midfielder Jorginho played with Napoli from 2014 to the summer of last year.And before leaving the Italian Lega Serie A club, the player had the chance to sign for either Chelsea or Manchester City in the English Premier League.But at the end, he decided for Chelsea, thanks to his mother.“A lot of things happen and then, of course, it comes down to preferences,” he was quoted by The Independent.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“I’m really happy with my choice to be here at Chelsea…what’s happened has happened and I’m happy to be there now.”“My mum was a big influence in me coming here. Every decision, I speak to my mum and this one was the same. My mum has always been by my side for every decision I take,” he added.“I think it is easier for me because I know how he works and I know what he wants from me on the pitch. It has made me coming here easier.”“I think he has already changed a lot. You can see that on the pitch, we’ve improved but there is still room for improvement. We need to keep going, keep improving but keep our feet on the ground and who knows, hopefully, we’ll be able to win something.”
Cardiff City Under-18 coach Craig Bellamy has temporarily vacated his role, amid an investigation into claims he bullied a young playerThe 39-year-old is investigated by Cardiff over a complaint made by the boy’s parents over his treatment towards their son.First-team manager Neil Warnock confirmed that an investigation will be conducted with Bellamy now releasing a statement in response to the charges.“I am aware of allegations that have been made against me via the media,” read Bellamy’s statement on BBC.AAIB responds to Sala’s family request to recover the plane’s wreckage Manuel R. Medina – August 14, 2019 The Air Accidents Investigation Branch says they already explained their decision not to recover the plane’s wreckage to Sala’s family and the pilot’s.“I understand the need for Cardiff City to undertake a full investigation in response to these allegations and – at my own suggestion – I have temporarily removed myself from my coaching position in order to cooperate fully with the club’s inquiry.“Obviously, I am saddened both by the allegations and the manner in which they were made.”Bellamy formerly played as a striker in the Premier League for Cardiff, along with the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City.In the English top-flight division, Bellamy scored 81 goals in 294 appearances and found the net 19 times in 78 outings for Wales at international level before hanging up his boots in 2014.