Four suspected to have COVID-19 after contact with Case 1: Health Ministry

first_imgDoctors have taken samples of their bodily fluids to be tested again. The results were likewise expected on Friday afternoon, the spokesperson said.The government planned to continue tracing people suspected of having been in contact with the first two confirmed patients in order to prevent the emergence of new subclusters.”So, from the Jakarta cluster, it is very possible that there will be subclusters. The four people suspected [of having COVID-19] belong to different groups. From the dancing group, they went home and came into contact with their other groups. We’re tracing [these groups]. Hopefully we can trace them all,” he said.Yurianto said the ministry would observe the 10 people identified to be part of the Jakarta cluster. He claimed the 10 people did not complain of any symptoms related to COVID-19, but the ministry would continue observing them to ensure there had been no transmission.Indonesia had tested 227 samples from people as of Thursday evening. Of the total number of samples tested, two were found to be positive, 13 were still awaiting results, with their providers in isolation at various hospitals, while the rest came out negative. (ars)Topics : The four people, Yurianto said, were currently being observed at a hospital, adding that samples of their bodily fluids had been tested at the ministry’s laboratory. The results were expected on Friday afternoon.“Their conditions are stable. Some of them suffer from cough and flu. Some also have a body temperature higher than 37 [degrees Celsius], […] meaning that they have a fever,” said Yurianto, who also serves as the spokesperson for the management of the virus outbreak.Meanwhile, he added that cases 1 and 2, who are undergoing treatment in isolation at the Sulianti Saroso Infectious Disease Hospital, were also in stable condition, although they still suffered from bouts of coughing. Read also: We should thank Indonesia’s COVID-19 ‘Case 1’ instead of breaching her privacy The Health Ministry has identified four individuals suspected of having been infected by the COVID-19 coronavirus after the ministry traced as many as 25 people who had contact with the country’s first two confirmed cases.The ministry’s disease control and prevention directorate general secretary, Achmad Yurianto, said during a press briefing on Friday at noon that the four people had been in close contact with two confirmed patients, known as Case 1 and Case 2.They attended the same dance as Case 1 in mid-February in Jakarta. Case 1 contracted the virus from a Japanese woman who tested positive in Malaysia in late February.last_img read more

Canaries can win any game – Neil

first_img Press Association The 34-year-old Scot has signed a new and improved longer-term contract at Carrow Road following a remarkable impact on the Norfolk club, taking the Canaries from seventh place when he arrived in January to victory at Wembley in the Sky Bet Championship play-off final against Middlesbrough. Former Hamilton boss Neil, however, knows he now faces the biggest test of his short coaching career when the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City visit. Alex Neil claims “any game is winnable” for Norwich if they get their game plan right when back in the Barclays Premier League next season. That has not stopped the former Barnsley midfielder from adopting a positive mindset when reflecting on the fixtures for the new campaign, which will start at home to Crystal Palace in August. “I wouldn’t say that there is one period I look at and think ‘that’s a concern’, even though if you are not performing well in the Premier League then it is all going to be a concern,” Neil told the club’s official website. “If you are doing your job properly, you are prepared and you are functioning well, then any game is winnable. “We have just got to go into any game full of confidence and try to do as best we can. “We are really looking forward to it, and hopefully we can get off to a good start.” Neil continued: “We haven’t got any of the ‘big boys’, if you like, in the first few games. Obviously you want to start the season and try to get points on the board as early as you can. “Certainly looking at the fixtures it gives us a good opportunity to do that, but as we know every game at this level will be tough.” Norwich will continue to look to strengthen the squad, having made the loan move of S cotland midfielder Graham Dorrans from West Brom permanent. Striker K yle Lafferty, meanwhile, will be hoping to resolve his future after the Northern Ireland forward spent the second half of the last campaign on loan at Turkish side Caykur Rizespor. Lafferty, who signed a three-year deal with an added 12-month option last summer, said in the Belfast Telegraph: “Obviously I am still a Norwich player and I am going to go back, work hard to get into the manager’s plans and see what happens and see how he wants to fit me in. “I will sit down with him and my agent and have a proper man-to-man talk – if he turns round and says he doesn’t see me in his plans, I will move on. “I will be disappointed because Norwich is a fantastic club and the fans have been brilliant with me, but it is one of those decisions you have to make and we will see what happens.” last_img read more