“We will not allow face to face na physical na…nagdidikitan ang mga bata. Hindi papayagan ‘yan ng DepEd,” says Education Secretary Leonor Briones. CNN PH The DepEd, according to Briones, would be using broadcast media and the internet to deliver education to students. According to Briones, the DepEd would still pursue the class resumption on Aug. 24 through alternative approaches like blended learning at flexible learning. “We will not allow face to face na physical na…nagdidikitan ang mga bata. Hindi papayagan ‘yan ng DepEd,” Education Secretary Leonor Briones said Thursday during the Laging Handa virtual press conference. For her part, Briones said that DepEd’s stand does not have conflict with the statement of President Dutere.“I would like to emphasize: There is no conflict, there is no disagreement, there is no debate between the pronouncement of the President and of the department because they are exactly the same,” she said. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque the next day clarified that the President was only prohibiting face-to-face classes in areas that would remain under community quarantine. MANILA – The Department of Education (DepEd) will disallow face-to-face classes in the coming school year as the threat of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) lingers. The department has been crafting self-learning modules that will be printed and reproduced for those who have no gadget and access to internet, she added.The school year was scheduled to start on Aug. 24 but teachers and students are not obligated to go to school in person since schools would implement various alternatives to in-person classes./PN The education department earlier said the conduct of face-to-face classes would depend on the risk level of the areas where the schools are located. On Monday, however, President Rodrigo Duterte opposed the resumption of classes with the physical attendance of students.
Published on January 17, 2013 at 12:41 am Contact Jesse: email@example.com | @dougherty_jesse Related Stories Women’s lacrosse routs Jacksonville; Ice hockey falls at Mercyhurst; Track kicks off in Gotham Cup; Tennis loses at USF Facebook Twitter Google+ The final results from last year’s Cornell Upstate Challenge tell the entire story for the Syracuse track and field team.On the women’s side, Syracuse earned 88 points, good for third place behind Cornell (214) and Buffalo (150). On the men’s side, the team accumulated 97 points, again finishing third behind Cornell (246) and Buffalo (109). While there were personal victories for various Orange athletes, the day was characterized by Cornell’s dominance and Buffalo’s steady performance, two programs Syracuse frequently runs against.These results hardly bothered Syracuse at the time, and bother it even less now. The team will travel to the annual Upstate Challenge in Ithaca, N.Y., this Saturday, and runners and coaches alike are seeing the meet as an early season tune-up — and not much else.“This is really just a feeler out, almost like a preseason meet,” said SU head coach Chris Fox. “This isn’t a fast track so we’re not going to worry about speed. We’ll just give some young people the chance to get some experience before we go to Penn State.”Next weekend, the team will travel to University Park, Pa., for the Penn State National Open. Even with the Upstate Challenge in the schedule before then, runners have started to prepare for the Penn State National Open, and are looking at this weekend’s meet as an extension of their weekly practice schedule.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“You never want to look past a race,” said sophomore distance runner Andrew Bennison. “But this meet is very low-key, probably the most low-key of our indoor season.As a freshman last season, Bennison’s first indoor race of his collegiate career was at the Upstate Challenge, and while he does think of the meet fondly, he has no concrete goals going into it this time around.Graduate student Lauren Penney finished first in the women’s mile last weekend at the Gotham Cup. This weekend, she will rest her legs for Penn State like many of her older teammates, but she’s excited to see what the rest of the team can accomplish.“Team placing is not so much important in track, but I think some individuals can have some really good races this weekend.” Penney said. “We have a lot of runners who could do really well and it will be exciting to see them in their first races.” Comments
Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic has completed his move to Juventus.The Croatian star came through his medical on Monday morning, and in the afternoon put pen to paper on a four-year contract with the club.The transfer had been agreed last week, with the reported fee of €19 million rising to a potential €26m. On arriving in Turin, Manduzkic spoke to local reporters – and pledged “to fight for my new team. “This is now my new home – don’t worry, I will give it my best,” he added.He also said, “I like the city and I hope I will be happy here.” Coach Max Allegri spoke about the Croatian as a done deal before the weekend. “It’s not that we have to replace Carlod Tevez, but rather sign players and evaluate the playing style,” said Allegri. “Mandzukic has arrived, we have Simone Zaza, Kingsley Coman, Alvaro Morata and Paulo Dybala – all young players of great quality.“Mandzukic scored goals in every League, has strong character, is of an international level and will do well. We signed Mandzukic because we specifically wanted him. He’s a great player and I am very happy.” The striker’s move gives him a very strange distinction: three times he has been signed by the losers of the Champions League final, having moved to Bayern Munich in 2012, Atletico Madrid in 2014 and now Juventus. –