Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac have been left out of Arsenal’s squad to face Newcastle (Picture: Getty)Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac have been left out of Arsenal’s squad for this weekend’s Premier League fixture against Newcastle United.The Gunners, who finished fifth in the Premier League last term, kick-start their 2019-20 campaign with a trip to St James’ Park on Sunday.Unai Emery will be without midfielder Ozil and defender Kolasinac, however, after the pair were involved in a carjacking attempt by an armed gang in north-west London on July 28.A statement from Arsenal said: ‘Mesut and Sead will not be part of the squad for our opening match against Newcastle following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.‘We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support.‘We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as son as possible. We will not be making any further comment on the matter.’Arsenal looked on course to finish in the top four last season before dropping to fifth, one point below north London rivals Tottenham. Advertisement Comment Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac left out of Arsenal squad to face Newcastle United over security fears Metro Sport ReporterFriday 9 Aug 2019 5:39 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link2.8kShares Ozil and Kolasinac were the victims of an attempted carjacking (Picture: Twitter)Speaking ahead of the new season, Gunners boss emery said: ‘Our ambition is to do the best possible in the all the competitions, the most important of these is the Premier League.‘Our first target is to be in the top four, we reduced the distance last season. Manchester City and Liverpool are stronger than the others at the beginning.‘We want to compete with them and reduced the points gap. Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea have the same objectives.‘Last year the difference was really small and the challenge now is for us to achieve a top-four finish.‘Other teams are coming back, signing new players and working very well. The Premier League is the best competition in the world. We are going to work to compete and get into the top four.’More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves Advertisement
Hazard, who has worn the number 17 since signing for the club in 2012, confirmed the switch on Chelsea’s official website. The 23-year-old has been persistently linked with a move to Paris St Germain in recent weeks, but his comments suggest he will be going nowhere. Eden Hazard has dropped a big hint that he will be remaining at Chelsea next season by announcing he will wear the number 10 shirt at Stamford Bridge. “I am very pleased to be able to wear the number 10 for Chelsea,” Hazard said. “It is my favourite number and is one I am used to wearing for the national team, as well as the one worn by some of my heroes from when I was a kid, like Zinedine Zidane. “I hope it brings me a lot of luck in the future and I look forward to the fans seeing me in it next season.” Hazard, who was crowned Chelsea Player of the Year last month, takes over the number 10 shirt from Juan Mata after the Spaniard moved to Manchester United in January. Press Association
Dhaka: Racists must be “kicked out” of stadiums, FIFA president Gianni Infantino said as he pressed for a worldwide ban on spectators who abuse black footballers. Speaking days after England’s Euro 2020 qualifier in Bulgaria was twice stopped because of chants targeting English players, Infantino insisted the world body would punish racism. “If there are racists that abuse footballers, we have to stop the game,” he told a press conference on a visit to Dhaka. “We cannot let the racists win. The football has to continue and we have to punish the people,” Infantino said. He added it was now easy to identify the culprits in modern stadiums with closed circuit TV and that a “strong message” must be sent. “They have to be taken, kicked out of the stadium, they must not be allowed to enter into football stadiums any more, and criminal proceedings should be brought against them. It’s a crime and it should be a crime in all countries of the world to commit a racist abuse,” he said. Infantino reaffirmed that if a country bans a spectator because of racism, “FIFA will extend it worldwide because racists have no place in football in any country and no place in any football stadium or arena in any part of the world.” Six Bulgarians have been detained for abuse at Monday’s Bulgaria-England game when monkey chants and apparent Nazi salutes overshadowed England’s 6-0 win. Three more are being sought. One 18-year-old was indicted on Wednesday for using Nazi salutes and four others have been fined and banned from sports events for two years.Infantino had already condemned the incident in a statement on Tuesday, calling racism an “obnoxious disease that seems to be getting even worse in some parts of the world”. He said Thursday that on top of stadium action better education was needed. “We have to educate our youth, our children and those who are a bit older as well,” he said.Infantino also said that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar “will be the very best World Cup ever” despite new controversy over the heat and empty stadiums after the world athletics championships in September saw some long distance races badly affected. The FIFA boss insisted that it would be cooler as the football tournament would be in November and December. Also Read | Ukraine Reach Euro 2020 Despite Ronaldo Milestone, Racism Mars England Win In Bulgaria “I am sure in Qatar we will witness from a technical point of view, the very best World Cup ever.” He also expressed confidence that the stadiums would be “full”. Football is the number one sport in the world. We will fill the stadiums in Qatar and anywhere else in the World easily with the World Cup.” For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.