Governor Wolf Tours All Sports America, Touts Collaboration in Reshoring and New Jobs Creation

first_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Governor Wolf Tours All Sports America, Touts Collaboration in Reshoring and New Jobs Creation Economy,  Jobs That Pay,  Press Release Northumberland, PA –  Governor Tom Wolf today visited All Sports America, a manufacturer of athletic uniforms, to highlight the administration’s support for the project and manufacturer’s efforts to reshore jobs from overseas to Pennsylvania.“In an era in which so many companies choose to move their operations overseas, success stories like All Sports America show that the best place for a company to grow and thrive is often right here in Pennsylvania,” Governor Wolf said. “I applaud All Sports America for their success so far, and I’m looking forward to seeing them continue to grow in the years to come.”In April of last year, the Governor announced that All Sports America would expand and create 42 new jobs over the next three years, reshoring the manufacturing of products currently being produced overseas. Since the announcement, All Sports America has hired five additional employees, and expects to hire 15 more by the end of 2018.“All Sports America is honored to be working with Governor Wolf and his Action Team in bringing jobs back to Pennsylvania,” said Richard Rock, President & CEO, All Sports America. “With the help of the Governor, we are expanding our operations and expect to hire 42 new full-time employees over the next 3 years.”Last year, All Sports America received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development that includes a $40,000 Pennsylvania First Program grant and $42,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits to be distributed upon the creation of the new jobs. The project was coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the Governor and work with businesses considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania.center_img January 09, 2018last_img read more

Pellegrini worried by away form

first_img City lost 1-0 at Sunderland for the fourth successive season on Sunday afternoon and have now taken only four points from a possible 18 on the road during the current campaign. Pellegrini was at a loss to explain exactly how his team had come away from the Stadium of Light empty-handed after dominating for long periods, but admitted their hopes of glory could be dashed unless they can arrest the trend. Manuel Pellegrini has warned that Manchester City’s bout of travel sickness could derail their Barclays Premier League title challenge. He said: “I am concerned because we are losing too many points away and, of course, that’s very difficult if you don’t win away to try to fight for the Premier League. “But I don’t think we are playing badly, so we must have a reaction, we must improve to make sure we are going to win.” Former Manchester United full-back Phil Bardsley’s 21st-minute strike – his second goal in five days – proved enough to claim three priceless points for the Black Cats after he shrugged off James Milner and curled a shot across keeper Costel Pantilimon and inside the far post. The Romanian was once again preferred to England international Joe Hart and Pellegrini refused to be drawn on where he currently ranks his goalkeepers. He said: “At the moment, of course, Pantilimon is playing. He hasn’t had any problems in the three games he has played.” Pellegrini introduced Jesus Navas as a half-time substitute and later added Edin Dzeko to the mix as he sought a way back into the game. But with Sunderland keeper Vito Mannone and a defence marshalled superbly by Wes Brown – starting his first league game in almost 22 months – holding firm, there was no way through. The City manager said: “The reaction is very similar to the other games that we have lost away. It’s incredible the way we lost this match. “Sunderland played really well also defending. The team is not in a good position, so I understand the way they played. “But they had just one shot on our goal. We had the possession, we had the chances and we didn’t score.” Sunderland boss Gus Poyet was thrilled by a win which gave the Black Cats’ survival hopes a major boost, but did his heart little good. Asked if that was the biggest victory of his managerial career to date, even eclipsing a 2-1 defeat of arch-rivals Newcastle, he said: “Yes, probably. “I know that for the fans, for the club, for the history, it’s always more important to beat the biggest rivals without any doubt. That’s when you have to win. “But in terms of opposition, quality, world-class players, this is the biggest of my career, so it’s going to be a good evening tonight without any doubt. “I don’t know how my heart is right now. I don’t want to check it just in case it’s bad news, but it’s going to be a great evening. “I am so pleased for the players. They need to believe. It’s easy to talk – we can say things and you can write. But at the end of the day, it’s the players on the pitch who need to be convinced that this new way of playing football and defending is working, which is great for the future. “So let’s see if we can keep this going. It’s a good time to go into the international break.” Sunderland remain three points adrift of safety, but having won their last three home games, two of them in the league, the table makes for much more satisfying reading. Poyet said: “Right now, yes. Three hours ago? I’ll tell you what, when I looked at that table, it was awful – and we were playing Manchester City. “But that’s the key. It’s the feeling that you are sending to the rest above you. I would be thinking, ‘They are coming’.” Press Associationlast_img read more