Chicago Related Shows View Comments Star Files Christopher Fitzgerald made Chicago history on August 5! The Broadway favorite returned to the long-running musical after performing the role of Amos Hart earlier this year…but this time, he’s playing slick lawyer Billy Flynn. This makes Fitzgerald the first male actor to take on two leading roles in the hit musical. After officially returning to his Chicago family, the star took a post-show photo with “merry murderesses” (from left) Donna Marie Asbury, Melissa Rae Mahon, Dani Spieler, Stephanie Pope, Jennifer Dunne and Tonya Wathen. Check out this Hot Shot of the Fitzgerald looking suave as Billy Flinn, then see him in Chicago at the Ambassador Theatre! from $49.50 Christopher Fitzgerald
Recently, as a resident young person here at CU 2.0, I have ventured on to TikTok. You may have heard of it—either from your kids, the news lately, or maybe from our blog.TikTok has an interesting set up. The main page doesn’t show videos from people you follow. Rather, it shows content catered “for you” by artificial intelligence. It doesn’t matter if you follow the creator or not.Sometimes, videos that hit my “for you” page only have six likes, and sometimes, they have millions. All from people I’ve never heard of before. That means that TikTok users have one goal, and one goal only:Go. Viral.Why Go Viral? continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
A buggy pulls people, sliding around in the mud, as they celebrate the rainfall in Winton, Queensland, Australia on Jan. 15 in this still image taken from social media video. TEONIE DWYER VIA REUTERS Australia, famous for its pristinebeaches and wildlife, has been fighting bushfires since September, with fireskilling 29 people and millions of animals, and destroying over 2,500 homes. MELBOURNE – Thunderstorms with heavyrains dampened bushfires on Australia’s east coast on Friday. Victoria, New South Wales andQueensland, three of the states most affected by drought and bushfires,welcomed this week’s drenching rain. Severe storms are forecast to continuein many fire-stricken regions of New South Wales and Queensland, includingareas that have not seen heavy falls for years, weather officials said.(Reuters)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest By Jerry HagstromDTN Political CorrespondentWASHINGTON (DTN) — In mixed news for the plant-based food industry, the Impossible Burger will be sold in grocery stores, just as Tim Hortons, the Canadian coffee and doughnut chain, announced it is pulling the Beyond Meat burger from its outlets in all provinces except Ontario and British Columbia.The Impossible Burger debuted in all 27 outlets of Gelson’s Markets in Southern California last week, Food Business News reported. The retail roll-out marks the first time that consumers will be able to buy the product, Food Business News said.Le Journal de Montreal was the first publication to report that Tim Hortons would limit its Beyond Meat breakfast sausage and hamburger offerings.Fortune said that Beyond Meat stock dropped about 3.8% on Sept. 18, sliding by about 7% at one point, but regained some of those losses Thursday. The stock is up 241% since May when it opened at $46 a share, Fortune said.The reasons Tim Hortons decided to limit its Beyond Meat offerings are unclear. The Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association objected to a commercial from restaurant A&W, which has the same parent company as Tim Hortons, showing football fans eating Beyond Meat patties. But some experts questioned whether Tim Hortons made a mistake promoting a single product rather than a product line, Fortune said.Meanwhile, the Good Food Institute said that a study it and the Plant Based Foods Association commissioned from SPINS showed increased demand for plant-based meat substitutes.GFI said the data showed:— Refrigerated plant-based burger sales in U.S. retail have surged 151% since 2018.— Refrigerated plant-based burgers are a key growth driver within the plant-based meat market, with sales increasing more than five times as fast as other plant-based meat products.— With refrigerated plant-based burgers driving sales growth, the plant-based meat market is now worth more than $800 million, with sales up 10% since 2018 and growing more than five times as fast as conventional meat sales, which have grown just 2% since 2018.“Impossible Foods’ retail debut will prompt a rapid acceleration in plant-based meat market growth. Impossible’s entry into retail will help expand and strengthen the plant-based meat market, giving consumers more choice and stimulating demand across the entire sector,” said GFI Executive Director Bruce Friedrich said.“Products like the Impossible Burger have supercharged plant-based meat market growth by enticing more and more omnivores to embrace these products. By appealing to America’s meat-loving masses, Impossible Foods has helped propel plant-based meat into the mainstream, opening up and capturing entirely new consumers.“Increased availability is what will allow the plant-based meat sector to really break through. Adding exciting new products like the Impossible Burger to the meat case will accelerate this process. Impossible Foods’ entry into retail will create a much bigger plant-based market. Where plant-based meat is concerned, a rising tide will lift all boats.”(ES)© Copyright 2019 DTN/The Progressive Farmer. All rights reserved.
Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice LATEST STORIES Denver Nuggets guard Will Barton (5) drives around Sacramento Kings guard Garrett Temple (17) and Sacramento Kings forward Zach Randolph (50) during the first half of an NBA basketball game in Sacramento, Calif., Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. (AP Photo/Steve Yeater)SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Will Barton didn’t know Mike Malone was suspended by the NBA until the Denver Nuggets coach informed him as Barton got on the team bus to head to the arena.“I thought he was joking,” Barton said. “I told him we’d hold it down for him.”ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Malone served a one-game NBA suspension for making contact with a referee in Sunday’s loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Denver also was missing Millsap, who sprained his left wrist against the Lakers, and Chandler (lower back pain).After a sluggish first half, Denver pulled away in the third quarter following a 19-7 run late in the third quarter sparked by the long-distance shooting of Barton and Lyles. The Nuggets shot 15 of 32 beyond the arc and led by as many as 22 in the final period.“That third quarter we were real patient and sound, ran our sets and got going,” Barton said. “Anytime you’re missing two starters, impact guys like that, it’s going to take a while.”Nikola Jokic added 16 points and 14 rebounds, and Gary Harris scored 20 for the Nuggets.George Hill and Kosta Koufos scored 16 points apiece to lead six players in double figures for Sacramento. The Kings, who had won their three previous home games against the Thunder, 76ers and Trail Blazers, have lost five of six overall.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Kings: Host the Lakers on Wednesday. The teams split the season series in 2016-17. “Athletically, (the Nuggets) go and get balls and jumped over the top of us and did some of those kind of things,” Kings coach Dave Joerger said. “We’ve got to be more physical. We were a step slow in the second half.”BARTON COMES UP BIGBarton shot 9 of 15 and made a season-high five 3-pointers on six attempts from beyond the arc. “He wasn’t an aggressive scorer but he was a playmaker for us,” Unseld said. “Down the stretch he controlled the game.”WHAT WENT WRONGJoerger thought his team played hard throughout the game but rookie guard De’Aaron Fox wasn’t so sure. Asked if the Kings let up in the second half when the Nuggets got on their roll, Fox said: “It felt that way. But it’s happened before, we’ve got back before. It’s just something if we go down, we’ve got to pick it up even more. You have to pick up your effort when things are going south.”TIP-INSNuggets: With Millsap and Chandler out, Unseld went to a three-guard lineup but the offense sputtered in the first half with 11 turnovers. Denver did a much better job after the break and pulled away. . The Nuggets dominated the offensive rebounding (14-5) and converted that into a 19-6 advantage in second-chance points.Kings: Zach Randolph had 12 points and six rebounds in his third consecutive start at center. … Buddy Hield missed his second straight game with a sore right ankle.UP NEXTNuggets: Play at Houston on Wednesday. The Rockets have won four straight against Denver. View comments CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort MOST READ Read Next Minus their coach and two starters, the short-handed Nuggets did just that — and only 24 hours after losing by 21 points to begin their three-game road trip.Barton and Trey Lyles made two 3-pointers apiece during a big run in the third quarter, and Denver pulled away to beat the Sacramento Kings 114-98 on Monday night.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutBarton finished with 25 points, six rebounds and five assists in his third start this season for Denver, which also was without injured starters Paul Millsap and Wilson Chandler.“Given the circumstances, I’ll take it,” said Nuggets assistant Wes Unseld Jr., who coached the team while Malone stayed back at the team hotel. “The minute (we) got in here from the team bus they knew it was a task at hand. We were under adverse circumstances and had no other option than to pull it together.” Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Pelicans rally after Cousins ejection, beat Thunder Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101
Mexico Mexico to kick off 2018 against Bosnia & Herzegovina in San Antonio Thomas Floyd @thomasfloyd10 Last updated 1 year ago 04:18 11/17/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Dean Mouhtaropoulos Mexico Friendlies El Tri will continue their preparations for the World Cup with a friendly at the Alamodome Mexico will kick off 2018 with a friendly against Bosnia & Herzegovina on Jan. 31 in San Antonio, the Mexican federation announced Thursday.Dabblebet’s World Cup odds hereEl Tri will be returning to the Alamodome, where they most recently earned a 2-0 win over Curacao during the Gold Cup in July. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player The friendly does not fall during a FIFA window, meaning the roster will likely only feature players from Liga MX and MLS.It will mark the second match of a stateside swing for Bosnia & Herzegovina, which also will face the United States on Jan. 28 in Carson, California.The two sides last met June 3, 2014, at Soldier Field in Chicago, with Bosnia & Herzegovina earning a 1-0 win.
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man City boss Guardiola: I’d be Fraudiola without my players!by Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he’d be nothing without his players.Guardiola was speaking in defence of his squad after Saturday’s shock loss to Norwich City.”They gave me all the prestige I have in England, when the first season when it was Fraud Guardiola, Fraudiola,” he said.”This kind of game here in England – it’s not possible to play because you need to have tackles and you have to play like that – these players gave me the prestige that I have.”And now all around the world people say how good a manager I am – it’s for them, not for me.”
Liverpool boss Klopp: Van Dijk world’s best centre-backby Freddie Taylor24 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Virgil van Dijk is the best centre-back in world football.The Dutchman recently finished second behind Lionel Messi in the FIFA Best Men’s Player of the Season award.Despite making a crucial mistake in the loss to Napoli two weeks ago, Klopp still has faith in his defensive stalwart.”Yep, I think so. I’m really happy with all my other defenders but yeah, he is the best at the moment,” Klopp said on Tuesday when asked if he felt Van Dijk was the best in the world.”We conceded in Napoli… which country are you from? Italy? I thought so… I still think it was not a penalty!”Napoli have to come to Liverpool, so it’s not decided yet, but we lost the game, that’s a fact as well and we have to start winning.”We don’t even have a little bit of a feeling that this game tomorrow is half done. It’s not. They will surprise a lot of people. But if there is anybody in the world who knows most about how they do what they do, it’s me.”I have a pretty good side as well and we want to be the most uncomfortable opponent in world football and if we are that tomorrow it’s not easy for Salzburg.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
BATON ROUGE, LA – SEPTEMBER 19: Fans wait outside of Tiger Stadium to watch the football team arrive between the Louisiana State University Tigers and the University of Louisiana-Lafatette Ragin’ Cajuns at Tiger Stadium on September 19, 2009 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)Freshman quarterback Brandon Harris had a shot to win the quarterback job at LSU this season. After promising performances against Mississippi State and New Mexico State, Harris had a putrid game in the Tigers’ loss to Auburn, completing just 3-of-14 throws for 58 yards in a 41-7 loss. Harris threw just one more pass on the season, an interception against Kentucky. Harris’ high school coach David Feaster doesn’t believe that his former player got a fair shot in Baton Rouge, and encouraged him to transfer to JuCo and eventually another Division I program.Feaster: I tried to talk Brandon Harris into transferring at the break. Since he qualified, he could go JUCO, play 1 yr., go elsewhere— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015Feaster: LSU had worst passing game and best QB on the bench— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015Feaster: Brandon is dedicated to LSU. He really wants to make it work— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015You’re not biased towards your kid or another but you KNOW when an athlete could play in the collegiate level. -Wilson— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015Apparently LSU is still telling WR recruits that “you’re QB, you know, Brandon Harris.”— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015Feaster said he was sick of LSU telling lies to the public.— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015If Feaster were Anthony Jennings dad, he’d be upset with Miles for saying this year was a disappointing QB year.— TheTimFletcherShow (@FletchWorldWide) January 28, 2015Between the lack of faith in both Harris and Anthony Jennings, and the fact that LSU has reportedly had contact with potential transfers like Everett Golson and Braxton Miller, Feaster has a point. However, we totally understand why Harris would want to stick it out at a program like LSU.[247Sports]
APTN National NewsA Chipewyan woman living in Alberta is trying to get the government to issue her daughter’s birth certificate with her traditional name.So far, she’s been denied.But as APTN’s Chris Stewart reports she’s not giving up.